In the summer of 2013, the City of Bexley will be implementing a streetscape project on Main Street that will will involve safety and beautifcation improvements to the Main Street Right of Way. The Bexley Streetscape Project will be 100% funded from pre-existing Main Street TIF funds that are specifcally dedicated to Main Street infrastructure improvements.
The streetscape planning process began in early 2011 with the formation of a new Bexley Main Street Guidelines Committee specifically created to oversee a streetscape plan for Main Street. A summer, 2011 public meeting and community survey helped to inform the creation of a streetscape plan, followed by a May 21, 2012 public meeting to review the progress of the plan.
Residents interested in learning more about the streetscape plan can visit these sources:
- 2009 Article from ThisWeek regarding the Bexley TIF
- 2011 Article from ThisWeek regarding the formation of the Main Street Guidelines Committee
- 2012 Article from ThisWeek regarding the May 2012 Public Meeting
- 2012 article from the Columbus Dispatch regarding the streetscape plan
- Visual storyboards from 2012 public streetscape meeting